Ah, the heat, the sweat, the attempt to eat Popsicles before the scorching sun melts them, the lying down in front of the air conditioners, the face going all red because of watermelon *or maybe heat* or maybe yellow because of mango, the juzzing of blenders for smoothies and juices, well, there we are: SUMMERS.
It’s literally the time when almost every school and college student is back home for vacations. I’m back home myself. Let’s be honest, I was so much excited for vacations. Counted days for my spring semester to get finished so, I’d travel almost 120 Km back home and would have the most awesome vacations!
But guess what, so far they are just the contrary to what I had thought. I think, it’s with everybody almost. All we do is, sleep, watch movies, read books and stay total losers for the rest of the day. Talking about me specifically, I have done nothing useful till now. I feel it myself. My conscious is saying me that. Rather haunting me and taunting me and mocking me that I’m an impotent human being and that I’m such an indolent and super Garfield-lazy that I’m not willing to do anything myself and make some time useful and then at the end I blame it on the HEAT! (Which is in fact what I do and I’m doing.)
It’s not just this year, it’s every year. Just before summer is about to start, I plan up a long list of things that I’d definitely do in summer but let’s just say, it’s a mere ‘plan’ I do, I’m never determined to do it. Out of all the lengthy list, the few things I actually manage to do to their fullest are as follows:
1. Read books. (It’s easy to do. All you have to do is sit or lie down in bed or on couch and have a book and read it. Not much of physical movement so, I find it the easiest and also it’s my favorite.)
2. Movies/TV shows. (It’s even easier. Lie down on your bed like a lump of meat, keep in mind, “lump of meat” not bones and watch the movies. It’s even easier to ignore the surroundings when you put the earphones. Well, it’s the essence of a true movie fanatic to get totally dissolved in the motion pictures which are amazingly directed by David Yates, James Cameron etc and with actors like Di Caprio and Matt Damon and Johnny Depp and the list is long. Well, not actresses because I’m a girl and I love actors who are hot and handsome. *Don’t take this offensively*
And also the TV shows. As a matter of fact, I was never into TV shows but then I had this really awesome roommate and she’s also an amazing friend, Rum. She forced me to watch seasons like FRIENDS, Arrow, The Originals and many more and I’m grateful to her for this because they are helping me kill my time in vacations!)
3. Sleep. (I might and will probably not be able to sleep properly once the uni starts again. You know, the assignments and quizzes and OMG! I don’t even wanna remember that now!)
4. Eat. (It only involves hand movements and jaw movements and I don’t know much about other movements as I’m an Engineering student. Anyways, FOOD is good and it soothes you *at least me*.)
5. Music. (Thank you to all the singers out there for actually helping me kill the time. Thank you Bryan Adams, Mumford and Sons, Adele, Pink Floyd, Enigma, Bon Iver and many more. I don’t even know whether you people will ever come to know how much you meant to me when I had nothing else to do in summer and you people were always there in my iPod and I could and would listen to you for God knows how long and would never get tired and also you people ‘also’ never got tired singing to me. Oh wait, but they are recordings right? So, how can they get tired! Hmm, something fishy.. )
6. I almost forget everything what else I had in ‘plan’.
So, this is how I spend my summer! And then my Mum is always there to tell me that I’m an actual lump of meat who only knows to eat, sleep and repeat it again and again. First my conscious and then my mum. Well, actually it’s my mum first and then my conscious is so super-obedient to her that it actually oaths to mock me everyday and every time. It’s irritating but I never learn. Guess, nobody learns. I’m actually laughing right now because typing it down made me realize, “GOD! I haven’t done anything useful till now.”
I guess it’s only as long as we are students, once we are gonna hit the “professional life” gear, there won’t be any such thing. So, it gives me a bit of peace that I can be a loser and an impotent “lump of meat” for two more years!